This project is an award-winning development for Leeds and a sympathetic conversion of the former Hunslet and Victoria flax spinning mills which have laid derelict for over 40 years. On completion, the scheme will extend to 330 superbly specified apartments comprising a mix of one, two, and three-bedroom units. The plans also include rooftop penthouses and a convenience store.
The site enjoys an excellent location adjacent to the River Aire and offers easy access to Leeds city centre and the wider motorway network. The Development forms part of Leeds Southbank Regeneration Scheme and sits ¾ mile away from the proposed new HS2 station.
Every year the Leeds city region produces 38,900 graduates from its nine universities, many of whom choose to stay for work after university thanks to the fantastic employment opportunities available, particularly in Leeds city centre where finance and tech businesses are flourishing.
Considered the cultural, financial and commercial heart of the West Yorkshire Urban Area, Leeds is a thriving hub, central to the North of England. Leeds is a fundamental part of the Northern Powerhouse initiative and acts as one of the main cogs in driving investment into the city. In terms of the housing market, house prices are rising rapidly with no sign of slowing down.
Leeds city centre is a thriving melting pot for investment, bound together by a strong culture and world-class amenities. As London’s house prices are dwindling dramatically, the capital is falling off the top spot for investment as regeneration is coming to a halt and investors are looking north to source a worthwhile investment.
People are continuing to look north in search of a solid area to invest in. Leeds has emerged as a stable city for investment due to the relentless student numbers, rising numbers of young professionals and a wealth of job opportunities across the city. Job prospects help to strengthen the appeal for graduates and young professionals, particularly as the job offerings are predicted to increase over the forthcoming years.
• One, two and three-bed apartments
• Completion date October 2020
• JLL anticipates that house prices in Leeds will grow 19.9% and rents will grow 18.8% by 2022
• Part of The Northern Powerhouse Growth Area
• £350million regeneration of the city’s South Bank area
• Leeds is officially the UK’s second-largest economy and second-largest financial centre after London
• 2 Hour Train Journey to Central London and 49 minutes Train Journey to Manchester
• Leeds Bradford Airport plans for £12m expansion
• Well Connected Location by Road, Rail, and Air